Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Lovely scent, Bad name


Today I was strolling around and wandered to the parfume counters because I am in search for a new eau de parfum (EDP). I'm using Dsquared Velvet Forest Wood at the moment, my second bottle already, the only problem is it doesn't last very long for EDP standards for some unknown reason. Anyway I saw the Lanvin counter and decided to give their fragrance a try, I particularly liked the Éclat d'Arpège and Marry me!. But I prefer stronger frangrances and Éclat d'Arpège was too light for my taste. 

So it was the Marry me!. Honestly, I do not understand this name. What were the marketers trying to achieve with this name? Who were their target audiences? I don't think women would go buy a bottle for themselves. Imagine people asking you what scent are you wearing, and you say 'Marry me!'. On the other hand, if a guy buys this for his girlfriend without an engagement he'd be in big trouble.

I would have took a bottle home if it wasn't named Marry Me exclamation mark.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails